One of the primary objectives of the conference is to provide scholars opportunities for discussion and development of their latest research ideas in strategy. This is consistent with SMS’ practice of evaluating proposals rather than finished papers. In this spirit of discussion and development, the session format facilitates interaction among authors and audience on multiple papers in a related theme.
Format of the Paper Session:
- Each Paper Session consists of up to 4 proposals. At least one author of each of the 4 proposals, a session chair, and audience members will participate. Typically, the session chair will be one of the presenting authors.
- Each session will last for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Each presenting author will have a maximum of 12 minutes for their presentation. The remaining time will be used for discussion.
- To ensure that there is sufficient time for discussion with the audience, it is important that authors do not exceed the allotted presentation time. We suggest approximately 4-6 slides per presentation.
- Each Paper Session room will have a projector available. A laptop will not be provided. We request that you bring your own laptop and adapter or coordinate computer usage with other individuals in your session. Presenters should bring their presentation on a memory stick or upload it to the conference website ahead of time.
- Presenters will be able to upload their presentation and/or handout to the website and make it available for download to other conference attendees.
Please do not hesitate to contact the SMS office if you have any questions.