Types & Costs
SMS Membership runs on a calendar year from January 1 to December 31. If membership is purchased after the beginning of the year, it is active from the date of payment through the end of the year.
Regular Membership: $190 / year
Student Membership: $95 / year
Emeritus Membership: $95 / year
Student members should be enrolled full-time in a PhD granting institution. Emeritus members should be at least 65 years of age and have been members in SMS for 10 years or more.
From Sept. 18 to Oct. 18, SMS is offering partial year bundles for new and returning members. Sign up today for membership for the remainder of 2023 and all of 2024!
Regular Membership: $250
Student Membership: $125
Whether you are a young scholar looking to advance your career and grow your professional network; a senior academic seeking to promote your research, learn new teaching strategies or serve as a leader in the strategic management community; or a business practitioner or consultant needing to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the field; SMS membership has much to offer you. The following benefits are available exclusively to SMS members.
- Access to member-exclusive webinars and virtual events
- Virtual access to current and archived issues of the Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, and Global Strategy Journal
- Membership in Interest Groups and Communities for networking and programming with those who have similar interests
- Opportunity to serve as a volunteer leader of the Society in one or more of the program areas
- Access to apply for research funding from the Strategy Research Foundation
- Exclusive registration rates for SMS Conferences
- 25% discount on all Wiley publications
- Priority communications that provide advance notice for all SMS Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions?
For additional Frequently Asked Questions regarding SMS and our Membership, click the button to learn more.