About the subject
This question addresses how firms can compete successfully in the labor market while balancing corporate profitability and what multinational firms can do to ensure diverse internal and external business practices across societal structures. It also explores how management teams ensure inclusion for stakeholder voices when information is restricted or limited by regulatory bodies or internal policies, as well as how organizations build an inclusive and collaborative workforce that ensures the voices of marginalized groups are heard.
- How can firms compete successfully in labor markets (e.g., The War for Talent) while balancing corporate profitability? What can multinational firms do to ensure diverse internal and external business practices across societal cultures?
- How do organizations with worldwide business units ensure equitable resource allocation across a global workforce?
- How do management teams ensure inclusion for stakeholder voices when information is restricted or limited by regulatory bodies or internal policies?
- How are online labor markets and task-based, spot-market hiring influencing diversity, job, and organizational design, and how are these changes impacting the sources of organizational competitive advantage?
- What stakeholder expectations related to DEI are placed on firms and how do companies meet them for the benefit of all stakeholders?
- How can firms respond to calls for DEI measures that connect investments in these initiatives with driving value?
- How do organizations build an inclusive and collaborative workforce that ensures that the voices from marginalized groups are heard?
- How can companies adapt their business strategies to meet the needs of people with disabilities while remaining competitive?
SUBJECT AREA EVENTS
We look forward to sharing more information on events in this subject area, but do not have any planned at this time. Please Visit the Events page to learn about other upcoming SMS Events.
If you’re interested in this topic, explore these SMS Special Interest Groups
The big six questions
of strategic management
This is one question in a series, the Big Six Questions of Strategic Management, aimed at bridging the worlds of scholarship and practice. These questions serve as an inspiration to guide the development of actionable insights, frameworks, tools, and resources for the SMS community.