We invite you to use our online system to submit a proposal for the 2017 SMS Annual Conference in Houston. The submission process has the following 5 steps:
- Step 1: If you are not a registered user of the SMS website already, create an SMS user profile and provide contact information yourself. Please click here to create a new profile.
- Step 2: After creating your SMS user profile and logging in to the website, you can electronically submit a proposal by uploading a file and providing information on the title, an abstract, a track, as well as any names of co-authors, if applicable. You can log in at any time again to see the progress of your submitted proposal. The Submission System will be accepting proposals until February 23, 2017.
- Step 3: If you are not the single author of the proposal, your co-authors will be contacted by email. They will be asked to register and provide their contact information, as well as confirm their involvement with the submitted proposal by March 2, 2017.
- Step 4: The SMS Executive Office will verify the completion of your submission once all necessary information on all authors is submitted and will forward the submission on to blind peer review.
- Step 5: Once the peer review is completed, you will be informed about the decision of the Program Review Committee regarding your submission. We expect this to be in mid-April 2017.