The extension will be held in the historical presidential building of Palazzo Chiaramonte Steri at the University of Palermo. The University of Palermo (UNIPA) is a consolidated cultural, scientific and teaching presence in central-western Sicily. Its 5 Schools and 20 Departments cover the most important domains of contemporary scientific and technological knowledge.
Building in the area of the Rome SMS Special Conference on strategy challenges in the 21st Century, the Palermo Extension will focus on the intersection between entrepreneurship and ecosystem research. Panel discussions and informal interaction settings will feature prominent scholars whose research has substantially contributed to the creation and the development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem field of studies and the understanding of its nature and dynamics. Sessions will focus on the building blocks of opportunity creation and perception, value creation, and the influence of value capture in entrepreneurial ecosystems. It will also cover the role of incumbent firms, institutions and policies for ecosystem creation and development or revival, the key research questions, and the major methodological and theoretical challenges to the advancement of this field of studies.
The novelty and the popularity of entrepreneurial ecosystem offers a rich field for the advancement of conceptual, methodological, and normative contributions.
Fruitful areas to which the Palermo extension aims to contribute are:
1) the distinction of the ecosystem concept from that of cluster, network, and other overlapping interactive contextual concepts;
2) the process of value capture and its influence on the dynamics of value creation and value capture in entrepreneurial ecosystem evolution;
3) the interactions between incumbent firms and new ventures within entrepreneurial ecosystems;
4) how entrepreneurial ecosystems relate to the socio-economic and institutional environments in which they develop;
5) environmental munificence and entrepreneurial ecosystem performance; and
6) policy indications that may support effective entrepreneurial ecosystem creation, development and revitalization.
B&B Abatellis Luxury - http://www.abatellisluxury.it/home/
Distance: 2 minutes walk - Basic Price: 104 euros
NH hotel Palermo - http://www.nh-hotels.it/hotel/nh-palermo
Distance from workshop: 5 minutes walk - Basic price: 140 Euros
Hotel de France - http://eventi.cnism.it/sites/default/files/fismat2015/INFO_Residenze_ERSU_SICILIA.pdf
Distance from workshop: 2 minutes walk
Quinto Canto - http://www.quintocantohotel.com/index.php/it/
Distance from workshop: 15 minutes walk - Basic price: 128 Euros
Hotel Plaza Opera - http://www.plazaoperahotelpalermo.com/
Distance from workshop: 20 minutes walk - Basic price: 98 euros
Hotel Politeama Palace - http://hotel-rn.com/hw/a373409/index.htm?lbl=gglrmk
Distance from workshop: 20 minutes walk - Basic price: 199 euros