One of the primary objectives of the conference is to provide scholars opportunities for discussion and development of their latest research ideas in strategy. This is consistent with SMS’ practice of evaluating proposals rather than finished papers. In this spirit of discussion and development, the session format facilitates interaction among authors and audience on multiple papers in a related theme.
Format of the Paper Session:
- Each paper session will include presentations by authors of 3-4 proposals. Thus the session will include at least one author of each proposal, a session chair, and audience members. Sometimes, the session chair is one of the presenting authors.
- For each proposal in a session, only one author can present. In situations where multiple authors plan to attend the conference, author groups should decide in advance which co-author will deliver the presentation. Other authors attending the presentation are encouraged to participate in the Q&A.
- Each session will last for 1 hour.
- Each presenting author will have a maximum of 12 minutes for their presentation. The remaining time will be used for discussion.
- To ensure that there is sufficient time for discussion with the audience, it is important that authors do not exceed the allotted presentation time.
- The Session Chair will keep time and facilitate the post-presentation discussion.
- Presenters may share slides during their presentations. They will also be able to upload their presentation and/or handout and make it available for download to other conference attendees.
- All live sessions will be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on the conference platform. Your participation in a Paper Session constitutes your consent to this recording.
- Click here for suggestions for improving your paper presentations.
Please do not hesitate to contact the SMS office if you have any questions.