The Strategic Management Society is seeking applications for one of two positions as Co-Chair of the Strategy Research Foundation. It is anticipated that the new Co-Chair will assume their duties on January 1, 2024 for a renewable three-year term. This call reflects the end of Co-Chair Catherine Maritan’s term.
The promotion and encouragement of research is among the primary purposes of the Strategic Management Society (SMS). As the funding arm of the SMS, the Strategy Research Foundation (SRF) operates programs to financially support strategic management research and scholarship. The Co-Chairs establish themes and focus areas for the SRF, develop policies for research funding, oversee existing grant programs, and develop new programs and initiatives. Current SRF activities include the Will Mitchell Dissertation Research Grant (WMDRG) Program and the Research in Strategic Management (RSM) Program. The Co-Chairs head the leadership team of the SRF, which also includes Program Directors and Associate Program Directors. The role is comparable to that of the Co-Editors of the SMS journals.
Candidates must be members of the SMS and should have the following qualifications:
- Experience: Ideally, prior experience with grant funding; experience as a journal editor or in another significant role evaluating research is desirable.
- Academic stature: Credibility within the SMS academic community as a strong scholar.
- Broad knowledge base: Knowledge of the strategic management field and an appreciation of a range of topics and methodologies.
- Strong work ethic: History of a strong work ethic in team settings.
- Collaborative leadership: History of active leadership of substantial initiatives and ability to work as a leader in an extended team.
- Passion: Clear commitment to scholarship and research and to helping the SMS move forward, both operationally and strategically.
Applications will be accepted from October 10 – November 17, 2023.
Submissions should include:
- The candidate’s name, full address, email, and telephone number
- A current curriculum vitae
- Statement of interest and a summary of qualifications from the applicant.
Applications will be reviewed by the Research Committee of the SMS Board of Directors who will recommend a candidate to the SMS Board for approval at the December 2023 Board Meeting.
Applications should be submitted via Submittable here: https://sms.submittable.com/submit.
To learn more about Strategy Research Foundation grant programs, visit the SMS website here.
Please direct any questions to the SMS Executive Office at email@example.com.